HomeTrust Bank Debit Cards – with Chip Security
Added security for peace of mind at home and across the world.
HomeTrust Bank Debit cards come with enhanced Chip security. Chip cards—also known as EMV (Europay, MasterCard, and Visa) or smart cards—are in frequent use internationally and will soon be the standard in the U. S. HomeTrust Bank Debit chip cards are available to our customers.
- Each transaction has a unique code that cannot be used again, offering a new layer of security
- Accepted internationally with proven reduced fraud risk
- Simple to use at point-of-sale and for ATM transactions
- Each card also includes a magnetic stripe on the back for use at older terminals
Your current debit card will be replaced with the new chip card when your current card expires.
How it works
- Merchants, such as a grocery store, may ask you to insert your card into the terminal or they may ask you to swipe the magnetic stripe.
- If you’re asked to insert the card, look for a slot on the bottom-front of the terminal and insert your card face up, chip first.
- Leave your card in the terminal until the transaction is complete.
- The terminal will prompt you to sign or enter a PIN to validate your identity.
- Take your card when prompted; do not leave it behind.
The process is almost the same at ATMs. Simply insert your card and follow the screen instructions. On some ATMs, you may need to reinsert your card. You will need a PIN for your transactions, and your card will remain in the ATM until the transaction is complete.
Learn more about HomeTrust Bank chip cards on our EMV card FAQ page.
Fraud Notification Alerts
- Messages are sent from the short code phone number 20733.
Design your own HomeTrust Debit Card!
Banking that fits you includes a debit card that’s yours and yours alone. You can personalize our standard chip-enabled debit card with your own photograph or design.
- Third party data, messaging and internet service provider fees may apply.
- To order a new debit card, you may contact our Customer Care Center at 800.627.1632 option 5, or you may visit your nearest branch to order a new card and pick up a temporary debit card.