We are here for you.
Updated July 22
As the Coronavirus (COVID-19) impacts our HomeTrust community, being Ready for What’s Next has never felt more important.
The HomeTrust team has been working non-stop to take care of our customers, employees and communities. Since 1926, we have weathered many storms and we truly are ready for what’s next. We recognize that your ability to be confident and prepared right now stems from the knowledge that your finances are safe and secure. Rest assured, your finances are safe and secure with HomeTrust.
Continuing to deliver excellent service to you also means taking appropriate steps to protect the health and safety of our employees. Enhanced cleaning, different routines, and the ubiquitous hand washing have been in place for some time now. As the situation in any of our locations changes, we will make the best possible choices for you, our employees, and our community.
Drive-thru service only
The following branch is assisting customers via the drive-thru only:
- Crossroads, Roanoke VA
All other branches:
- Lobby services are available by appointment. To schedule a 30-minute appointment, click on the button below or call 800.627.1632 and press #.
- Customers may continue to use drive-thru services if they prefer not to come inside. Our ATM’s continue to be available 24/7.
- When scheduling an appointment you will be asked the following questions, please reply with a yes or no:
- Do you have any symptoms of COVID-19, which include fever, cough, or shortness of breath?
- Have you been exposed to anyone with COVID-19 symptoms?
- Have you traveled to a COVID-19 epidemic area, out of the country, or been on a cruise in the last 3 weeks?
If the answer to any of these questions is yes, we may require you to schedule your appointment at least 2 weeks out. If any of these situations apply to you and your appointment is urgent, please let us know over the phone so we can make alternate arrangements.
- We have temporarily suspended all Saturday branch services.
Economic Impact Payments
Many Americans are receiving stimulus money now. Click here for more information on ways to receive your payment into your HomeTrust account.
Savings & Money Market Accounts
Effective April 29, 2020, HomeTrust Bank has suspended the limitation on savings and money market transactions in line with the Federal Reserve Board’s recent ruling in response to COVID-19. Previously, federal regulation capped certain savings and money market transfers and withdrawals at six per statement cycle. Savings and money market transactions will remain unlimited until the Federal Reserve Board issues additional guidance clarifying whether or not this change will become permanent. Please return to this page for updates or further changes.
Continue to bank with us 24/7
- Check account balances
- Securely deposit checks on your mobile device
- Transfer funds
- Pay bills
- Send and receive money with Popmoney™
Not using Online or Mobile Banking? Start now. Enroll in online banking here, and download the mobile app for your device below.
Here to help
COVID-19 hardship assistance
We know you may experience financial hardship making loan payments or fulfilling other financial obligations during this difficult time. We’re here to help. Click below for options.
Call our dedicated line at 800.627.1632, and press * Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Due to high demand, call wait times may be longer than normal. You may also request the documents by completing an online form.
Thank you for your patience as we navigate this situation together.
How we can help:
- Loan payments for qualifying customers may be deferred for two months on:
- Mortgage loans
- Construction loans
- Home equity lines of credit (HELOC)
- Auto loans
- Other installment loans
- Late fees will not be assessed March 23 through May 31, 2020.
- Foreclosures and repossessions will be suspended until May 31, 2020.
You will need to speak with us to be considered for hardship assistance. Call 800.627.1632, and press * to work with a representative. Before you call, please be sure to have one of the following ready to send to us so we can process your request:
- Letter or relevant communication from your employer informing you of changes to your hours, employment status, or layoff.
- Pay stub showing a decrease in income.
- Approval letter for unemployment benefits.
Please know that due to increased call volume, hold times may be long. We appreciate your patience as we work as quickly as we can to help you.
Commercial and Business Loans
For businesses experiencing disruption of normal operation during this time, we will work with you to find the solution to fit your business needs.
Those solutions may include:
- Interest only and loan payment deferrals
- Working capital loans
- Small Business and SBA assistance and guidance
- More broad, long-term solutions tailored to your specific circumstance
Contact your Relationship Manager for trusted, solid advice on how HomeTrust can help you manage your business through this difficult time. Our goal is to work with you through any disruptions to your business and emerge stronger when they have been overcome.
To align with the need to maintain social distancing, remote banking can help keep you and your staff safe. We’re ready to help you get started with the right tools.
- Remote Deposit Capture: Scan checks from home or office, reducing exposure to others. This also saves time if you normally send staff to the branch.
- ACH/Wire: Eliminate paper and reduce the chance of surface transmission of the virus by using electronic funds transfers rather than checks. We can also help you receive ACH credits instead of “bill pay” checks. ACH and other electronic payments can be initiated remotely, with no check printer needed.
- Online Banking: Commercial Center can be custom configured to meet your company’s specific needs.
- Fraud Prevention: Double down on your controls and diligence to prevent fraud. Consider using Positive Pay, if you don’t already. Unfortunately, we anticipate that fraud attempts will increase as a result of this pandemic.
Contact your Relationship Manager to discuss how to get started.
Stay safe and up to date
Your Deposits are FDIC Insured
Despite the challenges presented by the Coronavirus, it’s reassuring to know your deposit accounts like your checking and savings accounts here at HomeTrust Bank are insured up to $250,000 by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC).
The FDIC covers the traditional types of bank deposit accounts – including checking and savings accounts, money market deposit accounts (MMDAs), and certificates of deposit (CDs) up to $250,000.
The FDIC recently shared this short, yet informative video on their Facebook page
If you’d like to learn more about FDIC insurance, please visit their website or call our Customer Care Center.
Beware of Scams
HomeTrust Bank will never ask you for your personal information or login credentials in an email or text message. Look out for suspicious email and text messages, medical supply scams, and fraudulent donation sites that may impersonate a company, charity, or government agency.
The intent is to convince you to share sensitive information such as usernames and passwords or download malware onto your device by opening malicious attachments.
If you receive a suspicious email or text message, don’t respond, click on any links, or open attachments. Also, ensure any webpage you visit is verified.