We want to get to know you at your best. Here are a few tips to help you make the best first impression.
Before the interview:
- Be prepared for a phone interview. These may last between 10-15 minutes.
- Research the company and position.
- Ensure you have appropriate professional attire.
- Prepare a few questions, it shows initiative!
- Plan to arrive early.
During the interview:
- Upon introduction, give your interviewer a firm handshake.
- Listen fully to questions, answer carefully and accordingly.
- Do not simply answer questions, elaborate and describe how and why.
- Use previous situations to support responses.
- Use quantifiable data when possible.
- Exude confidence and energy.
- Look your interviewer in the eye.
- Make sure you understand the question. If you do not, ask for clarification.
- Close the interview by discussing why you are the right candidate.
- Revisit your strengths.
- Ask when you will hear back from the interviewer.
After the interview:
- Note anything you need to complete for follow up.
- Prepare a well-written, sincere thank you letter. Send immediately.
- Follow up with a phone call if necessary.